Statement from Blue Marlin Beach Resort: Belize Covid-19 Update
(Updated May 2022)
As an increasing number of travellers continue to warm up to the idea of a tropical escape to Belize, we are grateful to all our guests who, since December ’20, have placed their trust in us to provide a safe, seamless and healthy vacation experience.
Blue Marlin Beach Resort continues to be a choice haven for scuba divers, snorkelers, and anglers who prefer to be away from the tourist crowds and where they can enjoy nature in a carefree and ultra-relaxed setting. “Enjoy the simple pleasures of life” is the order of the day at our hidden gem atop the Belize Barrier Reef! Meanwhile, our commitment is to ensure that our health and safety standards are maintained for the wellbeing of our guests as well as for our team. This has been accomplished largely by hosting just a small handful of guests at a time, with the majority of our guests booking Blue Marlin as their sole destination in Belize.
Additionally, visitor safety has been the top priority for the Government of Belize and it has been the guiding principle for developing the entry requirements for travelers. The newest measure to maintain traveler’s confidence to choose Belize is the introduction of a very affordable Belize Travel Health Insurance. The Insurance Plan provides coverage for incurred medical and non-medical expenses for tourist travellers who test positive for Covid-19 during their stay, including medical and lodging expenses as well as trip cancellation. The cost is $18.00 US per person and it can be purchased online prior to your travel. Link for further details and to purchase is https://www.belizetravelinsurance.com.
Our Health and Safety Commitment:
- Healthy Staff: Full vaccination; Health screening and Covid-19 test if necessary prior to starting work shift; Mask wearing; Accommodating staff on the island throughout their work shift to avoid exposure from the mainland; Staff interaction limited to meals, tours and when extremely necessary
- Gold Standard Protocols: Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces in all common guest areas; Hand sanitization stations in Dining Room & Bar and Tour Dock; Contactless check-in and check-out processes
- Safe Distancing: Open-air Palapa dining with more than 6 feet distance between tables; Operating at 60% or less guest occupancy to maximize physical distancing; Operating tours in small groups that are limited to hotel guests only.
- Flexible Travel Booking Policy: Book With Confidence that Blue Marlin Beach Resort is a trusted travel partner. We offer flexible rescheduling policy by offering transferable reservations to within two years from original travel date in the event that trip is cancelled due to travel restrictions or inability to travel due to sickness.
Pre-Travel & Belize Entry Requirements
- All tourist visitors to Belize (adults and children) are now required to purchase the Belize Travel Insurance at a cost of $18.00 US per person. We recommend you purchase online prior to travel at https://www.belizetravelinsurance.com.
- Fully vaccinated travellers must show proof of vaccination for entry into Belize’s airport. A negative test is no longer required for fully vaccinated travelers.
- Unvaccinated travellers will be required to present a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of travel or a negative result from any approved Antigen Rapid Test taken within 48 hours of travel. If no test is presented, a COVID-19 test will be administered at the airport for a fee of USD $50 per passenger.
- You are required to complete the Customs and Immigration form (one per person) that is provided to you on your flight to Belize. Having the completed form, your Belize Travel Insurance, and the negative Covid-19 test will fast track your entry processing.
- CDC requires a Covid-19 negative test for all US bound travelers. Blue Marlin has secured the services of a Government approved Concierge Test Provider in Dangriga. A Rapid Antigen test is conducted and your result certificate is returned within half-hour. Most of our guests have been getting the test done on the same day of checkout and this has been working very well. Please contact our Reservations Desk for additional information at email@example.com or Toll Free 1-800-798-1558 (USA and Canada).
- All visitors should be prepared to follow all safety protocols throughout your journey in Belize: Wear your mask in public settings; sanitize often; maintain physical distance.
- All visitors to Belize must present a valid passport upon arrival. Check that your passport’s validity date is current and beyond your scheduled departure date.
- Belize is English speaking. Local currency is the Belize (BZ) dollar that is pegged to the US dollar 2:1; that is $1.00 US = $2.00 BZ. Money exchange is not necessary.
For further information, you may give us a call us via Toll Free 1-800-798-1558 (USA and Canada), What’s App +501-610-5789 or +501-634-9483, or write us to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official Belize updates can be found at https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
WE TRAVEL not to escape life. BUT FOR LIFE not to escape us! We hope to see you in Belize soon!