Statement from Blue Marlin Beach Resort: Belize Covid-19 Update
(Updated June 2022)
Here at Blue Marlin, we are deeply grateful to all our guests who, since December ’20, have placed their trust in us to provide a safe, seamless, and healthy vacation experience. We are happy to say that as the world opens back up and an increasing number of travellers choose Belize for their tropical getaway, Blue Marlin Beach Resort continues to be a choice haven for scuba divers, snorkelers, and anglers who prefer to be away from the tourist crowds and where they can enjoy nature in a carefree and ultra-relaxed setting.
“Enjoy the simple pleasures of life” is the order of the day at our hidden gem atop the Belize Barrier Reef! That being said, we embrace this newfound sense of normalcy, but we can assure you that we continue to remain committed to ensuring our guests, and our team’s, wellbeing. Our team continues to provide you all with an intimate yet spacious experience, hosting just a small handful of guests at a time, which ensures the comfort of all who stay with us.
Most recently, the Government of Belize has lifted all curfew mandates plus mask wearing is not required in outdoor spaces, but visitor safety remains a top priority. Additionally, the introduction of the Belize Travel Health Insurance has further boosted traveler’s confidence to choose Belize. The Insurance Plan provides coverage for incurred medical and non-medical expenses for tourist travellers who test positive for Covid-19 during their stay, including medical and lodging expenses as well as trip cancellation. The cost is $18.00 US per person and it can be purchased online prior to your travel. Link for further details and to purchase is https://www.belizetravelinsurance.com.
We hope that you feel assured that our team at Blue Marlin will do their absolute best to meet your health and safety needs so that you can fully enjoy your getaway to Belize.
Our Health and Safety Commitment:
- Healthy Staff: Full vaccination; Mask wearing; Accommodating staff on the island throughout their work shift to avoid exposure from the mainland; Staff interaction limited to meals, tours and when extremely necessary.
- Gold Standard Protocols: Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces in all common guest areas; Hand sanitizing stations in Dining Room & Bar and Tour Dock; Contactless check-in and check-out processes.
- Safe Distancing: Open-air Palapa dining with more than 6 feet distance between tables; Operating at 60% or less guest occupancy to maximize physical distancing; Operating tours in small groups that are limited to hotel guests only.
- Flexible Travel Booking Policy: Book With Confidence that Blue Marlin Beach Resort is a trusted travel partner. We offer flexible rescheduling policy by offering transferable reservations to within two years from original travel date in the event that trip is cancelled due to travel restrictions or inability to travel due to sickness.
Pre-Travel & Belize Entry Requirements
- All tourist visitors to Belize (adults and children) are required to purchase the Belize Travel Insurance at a cost of $18.00 US per person. We recommend you purchase online prior to travel at https://www.belizetravelinsurance.com.
- Fully vaccinated travellers must show proof of vaccination for entry into Belize’s airport. A negative test is no longer required for fully vaccinated travelers.
- Unvaccinated travellers will be required to present a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of travel or a negative result from any approved Antigen Rapid Test taken within 48 hours of travel. If no test is presented, a COVID-19 test will be administered at the airport for a fee of USD $50 per passenger.
- You are required to complete the Customs and Immigration form (one per person) that is provided to you on your flight to Belize. Having the completed form, your Belize Travel Insurance, and the negative Covid-19 test will fast track your entry processing.
- All visitors to Belize must present a valid passport upon arrival. Check that your passport’s validity date is current and well beyond your scheduled departure date.
- Belize is English speaking. Local currency is the Belize (BZ) dollar that is pegged to the US dollar 2:1; that is $1.00 US = $2.00 BZ. Money exchange is not necessary.
For further information, you may give us a call us via Toll Free 1-800-798-1558 (USA and Canada), What’s App +501-610-5789 or +501-634-9483, or write us to email@example.com. Official Belize updates can be found at https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
WE TRAVEL not to escape life. BUT FOR LIFE not to escape us! We hope to see you in Belize soon!